JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN POSITION:
Job Opportunity: SouthEastern Illinois Electric Cooperative, Inc. is now accepting applications for the position of Journeyman Lineman at the Main Headquarters in Carrier Mills, IL. Position is responsible for the construction and maintenance of overhead and underground distribution lines. Applicant must have knowledge in working with energized equipment up to 12 kV and maintaining 69 kV lines. Job requirements are, but not limited to the following:
● A high school diploma or equivalent, completion of a 4-year certified apprenticeship program, proof of certification, advanced training is preferred.
● Candidate must demonstrate skill in pole and tower climbing, splicing wires, using hotline tools and working in aerial devices.
● Ability to interpret electrical plans and prints.
● Possess a Class A Commercial Drivers License.
● Candidate will be required to live within a 25-mile radius of the principle place of work.
The Cooperative offers an excellent benefits package with competitive wages. Applications are available attached below or at our Carrier Mills location. Please submit application and resume to: SEIEC, Human Resource Manager, P.O. Box 1001, Carrier Mills, IL 62917 by Friday, March 9, 2018. An Equal Opportunity Employer.